Munger for NC Governor--2008!!

Recording the campaign activities, events, and happenings of the Munger for Governor campaign.

Friday, May 04, 2007

State Convention....

I got to introduce Bob Barr at the State LP Convention in Hickory.

He gave a very fine speech, I thought. Some may question whether he is a "real"
libertarian.

I guess my own thought is that we need to take strong allies where we can find them, and not worry so much about checking passports.

On the other hand, as I said in my speech at convention, the people in the party who have worked for years, and whose commitment built the organization, do have the right to ask questions. New people (including me!) who come in and start giving orders....Well, we need to recognize the commitment and sacrifice of those who have worked for a decade or more.

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You are too modest here. I did not view your talk as an 'introduction' to Mr. Barr, but as an invigorating tonic for Libertarian activists.

Mike's talk, for those who would like to hear it, is available here (thanks to Shane Killian):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3413343475098738043&hl=en

(the first minute or so is an intro by Phil Jacobson)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Susan said...

The URL got partially disappeared by Blogger, so let's try a shorter one:

http://tinyurl.com/2n8z72

 

Post a Comment

<< Home